Updated: Nov 29, 2019
We’ve recently carried an extensive overhaul of the new form designer so not only does it now have an improved look and feel, we’ve made it even easier to use.
So, what’s changed exactly? Well with the new form designer you can now…
• Click the tool you require and it will automatically appear within the form designer.
• Adjust the orientation of the form designer screen to so you can view the form in either phone or tablet mode.
• View the name of the tool you require by hovering over it with the cursor.
• Receive more helpful error messages when building your form which should help you to identify and resolve any issues.
• See if the field is marked as hidden or required by highlighting the appropriate box.
• When adding a formula to a field (including hidden and required field formula) you can now see this by highlighting the formula button.
• Have the ability to preview images on the form to see how they will look on the actual form.
• Acquire the ability to preview formatted labels within the designer to see how they will look.
• Improve visibility when using large formulas through the use of a larger and more expandable formula box.
• Upload media to your form and account library (for images and CSV files within files within the data file picker) through the use of our new drag-and-drop feature.
• Improved previewing of background images added to sketch controls within the properties box.
So now you’re familiar with the new features, stay put whilst I talk you through our simple step by step guide on how to get the most out of the new form designer!
1) Log into your WorkMobile account and select ‘Forms’ from within the navigation bar at the top of the page.
2) Within the menu on the right-hand side select ‘New Form (BETA)’ and this will navigate you to the Form Dashboard.
3) Enter a name for your form and add a form description if required. I’ve called mine ‘New Form Designer’, after you have done this hit ‘Save’.
You will now be navigated to the new form designer page where you can explore all the exciting new features the new form designer has to offer.