I hope you’re finding my blogs helpful and they’re showing you how to get the most out of WorkMobile.
Now I am going to show you how to verify against a drop down list. This is useful if you are looking for a particular product. The idea is that you can enter a product name in a text field, see if it is on your list of pre-determined list of products, and show on the form whether a Product is ‘Found’ or ‘Not Found.’
OK, so I’ve made a simple form to show you how this works. It includes headers, text boxes and a Data Link Drop Down field. With these fields I’ve added formulae, so depending on what Product Name is entered, the relevant header messages will be displayed. So how do I do the clever stuff?
• Add your first Header and Text fields.
• Click and drag the Data Link Drop Down field to your form, then choose the CSV you want to attach by clicking choose file.
• Here’s an example that you can add House Hold Products CSV file
• Upload the field, and give it a unique name. I’ve chosen ‘House Hold Products.’
• Now choose the file you have uploaded from the right hand side of the image that is in the file library. When you have chosen the file, the menu should close and take you back to the form designer.
• Now we’re back on the Form Designer. In the property “Data Field”, select “Product” from the drop down list.
• Add a formula which will pull the Product Name you have entered into the first text box and try and find it on your Data Link Drop Down. Your form field properties should look like this;
• OK, so now we want a message to appear depending on whether the product is on our list. So we add a new text box with formula
=’House hold products’
Lastly we’ll add headers that will display whether the product has been Found or not Found depending on whether a Product is in our list. I’ve called my headers Product Found and Product not Found.
Try it on a device. Log in with
Username – blog
Password – blog