RPS Group Ltd is a highly regarded multi-national management consultancy specialising in infrastructure, environ mental management and public safety and employs more than 4,500 people in the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Africa, the Middle East and Australia and Asia Pacific.
Having been commissioned by Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions and Southern Water RPS had to survey half a million domestic water stop taps in the South East of England over a three-year period. RPS Group Ltd chose WorkMobile as their preffered mobile solution of choice to ensure they delivered the contract on time. A main factor of this project running correctly was by getting GPS locations of the jobs completed and most importantly timesheets of the field engineers work to ensure the project was running efficiently and on budget.
WorkMobile empowers RPS inspectors to record, photograph and process survey data on the state of the water stop taps and also the time they started and finished a job via their mobile phones, they also had to include geographical location of the job regardless of internet connection. Using ‘store and forward’ technology WorkMobilesends the form securely once a connection is available and this information synchronizes with the back-office system seamlessly.
The survey data collected equips Balfour Beatty engineers with the precise information they need when going out on subsequent visits to install domestic water meters. As well as providing effective data-capture, WorkMobile also allows the inspectors to record photographic evidence, timesheets and provide a GPS reading which is an extremely useful tool in this instance when indicating the condition, cost and location of the water stop taps. In addition, the solution is environmentally friendly as it reduces unnecessary travelling time caused by errors in reporting.
What Our Clients Are Saying…
Benefits & Features Used
- Paper-free reporting that not only transforms but vastly improves business processes.
- Timesheets to ensure that project was running on budget
- Easy, problem-free deployment on existing handsets requiring no initial investment in hardware, software, licenses or indeed staff training. This is truly a ‘switch-on’ service.
- 100% data compliance and improved accuracy of data capture – GPS readings and photo-capture an added bonus.
- Reduced printing and paper costs.
- Instant feedback aids quick progress of project planning and management of labour and parts.
- Reduced travel costs to jobs due to quality of data provided and streamlined project management.
WorkMobile comes to data capture and back-office reporting via a mobile phone. It gives us the freedom and flexibility to design the reports exactly to our clients’ specifications. It has all the benefits of a bespoke solution but none of the prohibitive costs and long lead-in times. Plus, the forms can be created very simply by a non-technical person. RPS takes pride in integrating innovation into the working environment, and the WorkMobile® project.Bob BraggRegional Manager RPS Group Ltd