With WorkMobile you’ve always been able to capture the location that a form was saved by making your forms Location Aware, but what if you wanted to capture the location when an actual photograph was taken? Well now you can! This new feature not only stamps the location of where the photograph was taken, it also records this information into the EXIF data associated with the image as well. If you’re not sure what EXIF data is – it’s the ‘meta data’ that’s added to images by camera apps and can store data such as the model of camera, lens and aperture settings, date and time the photograph was taken etc.
If your customer then requires evidence that a photograph was taken when and where you claimed it was, you simply need to send them a copy of the image file which now has this data embedded.
So how do you use this feature? It’s simple…
1) Log into your WorkMobile account and select New Form
2) On the left-hand menu, you should see a set of tools, select All Advanced and then drag the Photo tool onto the form designer.
3) As you can see we now have a new property called Location Info. If you select ‘Yes’ the photo will also capture the time, location and co-ordinates of when it was taken.
4) Save the change.
5) On the device, an icon should appear called ‘photo,’ this will allow you to open the camera and take a photograph.
6) Once the form has been uploaded, click on the photo within the completed records. You’ll notice that your photograph now has a banner that has been added along the bottom edge that contains the location in which the photograph was captured. If you download this photograph to your local PC and then right-click on the file and select properties, you’ll also see that the location data has been added into the EXIF data as well.
Please Note – When using an android device, the location info feature is only available when using the ‘device’ camera.