‘Backup’ is a means in which you can backup and save the data stored on your WorkMobile app and should it get erased you can restore the backed-up data and retrieve your records. So how do we enable the backup feature?
1) The feature is disabled by default and is enabled per user group. Log into the WorkMobile app and select ‘User Groups’ from within the menu panel.
2) You should now be navigated to a list of user group entries like so;
3) Select the user group you require to enable the backup feature. If you don’t already have a user group, simply create one by selecting ‘New User Group’ from within the menu panel.
4) Within the ‘User Group Details’ tick ‘Backup Mobile Device Data’ to enable the backup feature on the mobile app.
5) Fill out all the other sections if required and then hit ‘Save’
Enabling Backup on the App
1) Open the WorkMobile app and log into your account. When you are logged in, select the ‘Backup’ Icon.
Please Note – If you have any new records, don’t forget to hit ‘Send and Receive’ otherwise it may not work.
2) Once you have selected ‘Backup’ you must choose the file you’d like to store your data in. I’ve decided to store mine in my ‘Phone Directory’
3) Select ‘Save’ if you wish to save backup to the location you require.
4) If you wish to upload your data to ‘Google Drive’ select ‘Google Drive’ from within the ‘Save In’ tab.
5) Then select the folder you wish to save your data in by selecting ‘Folder’ from within the ‘Upload to Drive’ screen.
6) Choose the folder you require then hit ‘Select’ which will direct you back to the ‘Upload to Drive’ screen, from here hit ‘Save’
You’re data has now been backed up
How do I restore my data if it was to get deleted?
1) Select ‘Restore’ from the WorkMobile home screen and then import the data from the file you previously saved your data. For example, if you hit ‘Import from Device’ your screens should look like this:
If you select ‘Import from Google Drive’ you’re screen should look like this:
2) You will then receive a message on your screen asking you to confirm whether you still want to restore the data. If you wish to continue, select ‘Ok’ and the application will exit once the data has been restored.
So now you have a clearer understanding of how to use our new Backup and Restore feature! If you still require additional support then why don’t you check out our support page? From here you will have exclusive access to a wide variety of knowledge based guides, video guides and more!
If you have any further questions then don’t hesitate to contact our support team!