Business transformation with revolutionary and disruptive data collection technology
In the US alone, businesses spend $1billion dollars a year designing and printing forms, $25-35 billion a year filling, storing and retrieving paper forms, and $65-$85 billion over the entire lifecycle of their documents maintaining, updating and distributing them¹ and Europe is no different.
Businesses are under continued pressure to drive efficiency, improve performance and cut costs whilst also continuing to improve customer experience and service. Tough economic times and the increased use of mobile devices within the business sector have resulted in organisations looking for innovative ways to reduce costs whilst empowering their workforce on the move.
Traditionally companies have needed to heavily invest in bespoke data capture solutions. With high upfront investment and ongoing maintenance costs, lengthy design and implementation lead times – businesses are now looking for ‘off-the-shelf’ products that allow similar functionality to bespoke offerings yet at a fraction of the price.
Reduce your business costs.
Advances in technology and the increased popularity of the use of mobile devices in business are significantly reducing paper dependency in organisations. The savings on reducing paper consumption in small businesses can impact on the bottom line however the costs of paper-based forms often extends far beyond just purchasing paper, printing reports or order pads.
There are many costs associated with paper-based forms such as storage, lost documents, postage, updating obsolete or out-of-date records plus incurring additional charges or loss of business due to labour inefficiency such as manual data entry errors.
Example of costs incurred with paper-based forms:
- Form storage: From physical filing cabinets to floor space, the cost of filling paper-based forms coupled with inefficiencies such as storing duplicated files (as much as 45%¹ of files in some organisations) paper storage is both inefficient and expensive.
- Lost or misfiled forms: Even with the most efficient filing processes, documents are lost on a regular basis. In fact, approximately 3% of all paper forms are filed incorrectly, and almost 8% of all paper forms are eventually lost. A study of managers found that they spend an average of three hours per week looking for paper that has been misfiled, mislabeled, or lost.¹
- Postage: Distributing documents electronically rather than via the postal system can significantly reduce postage costs.
- Wasted Forms: While approximately 83% of all business documents are forms, one third of the printed forms become outdated before they are used.¹
- Labour Inefficiency: Automated processes can increase productivity by 50% plus reduce the number of errors due to incorrect or mistyped data entry.
Return on Investment
How much could you save?
By switching from paper-based forms to WorkMobile you could be saving as much as £19,500* a year for a small 10 man team.
(1)500 pages per ream at £2.32, Colour printer costs – £0.06/page (based on cartridge/ fuser and depreciation costs) (2)Transport to and from – assume 0.02p per K, 50km per day, 200 forms, Driver costs assume 2 hours per day, 200 forms = £0.11(3)Data Entry Clerk £10.59/hour cost to company- 1 sheet for data entry takes 10 minutes. £10.59 = £1.77 per sheet. (4) 20,800 Sheets per filing cabinet taking 1m2. £546 price for 4 draw cabinet + £10.59 sq metre per month. (5) Based on a WorkMobile credit purchase price of £0.14 per credit[/tab]
Save time by reducing time-consuming administration. Export your data in real-time via excel or PDF or integrate WorkMobile directly into your back-office system.
You could be wasting up to 2,054* man hours a year completing, administrating and managing paper-based forms – that’s a massive 158* man hours a month. What could you be doing with your spare time?
Every second counts in business – whether you’re following up those all-important enquiries or planning your next marketing campaign – it all takes time. A recent study has revealed that 90%1 of all information in businesses is retained on paper with an astonishing 83%1 of business documents being completed are forms – wasting approximately 158* man hours a month on administration that could be better spent elsewhere.
At eSAY solutions, we believe that time is precious and should be spent on activities that make a difference to your bottom line. We understand that anywhere up to 80% of your time could be spent out of the office due to, for example, attending call-outs or supplier meetings, completing field based operations or visiting customers. It’s therefore crucial that you and your team run efficiently and effectively both in and out of the office on business critical tasks opposed to time consuming paperwork and administration – and WorkMobile will allow you to do just that – giving you the time to focus on your customers and keeping your team out in the field.
Deliver accurate and timely data.
WorkMobile will allow you to reduce data entry errors such as illegibility, input errors or missing data by allowing users to verify and validate data at point of capture.
WorkMobile is a market-leading ‘off-the-shelf’ data capture solution ideal for any business. It offers the flexibility of a bespoke solution at a fraction of the price allowing you and your team to capture data, photographs and signatures via a mobile device and update back-office systems in real time.
All captured data can be accessed via our web portal anywhere, anytime and viewed via excel or imported directly into your own back office systems, giving you timely and accurate records that can be manipulated quickly and simply to meet your business needs.
Plus with our ‘job dispatch’ function, back office staff can quickly send job or appointment updates to your workforce out in the field so you’ll never miss an opportunity.[/tab]
Corporate social responsibility.
Reduce your business impact on the environment by cutting paper consumption, energy usage and waste. With customers and investors looking favorably on companies with environmental and waste reduction policies – you could stand out from the crowd.
Calculations & Assumptions
* Calculations are based on a 10 man team completing 4 forms a day. On average, 1 sheet for data entry takes 10 minutes to complete, resulting in 6.6 administrative man hours per day. Allowing +10% for data entry corrections = 7.3 administrative man hours per day. Couple this with approximately 3 hours per week looking for misfiled or mislabeled documents – businesses are spending approximately 39.5 man hours a week managing paper-based forms in the workplace. 39.5 administrative man hours per week × 4 weeks = 158 man hours per month. 39.5 administrative man hours per week × 52 weeks a year = 2054 hours per year.